Thursday, January 11, 2018

Peak voltage detector for a sine wave generator


I recently built a 1kHz sine waveform generator, the device works great, has adjustable amplitude and is suitable for testing audio amplifiers and for repairing them. So I thought it would be nice if I could install a small panel voltmeter to display the output voltage.

Through eBay, I bought five voltmeters and two of them stopped working, so I decided to investigate what happened to them and try to install one of them into the sine waveform generator.
The 3.6V voltage regulator on the voltmeter itself was blown. So I removed the voltage regulator and instead of its output pin, I connected the wire to which I connected the 3.6V voltage and the voltmeter woke up.
But that's not all, to use this kind of voltmeter to measure the voltage of the sine wave, the voltage needs to be rectified into the DC.

The best way to do this is by making a peak voltage detector, we can do this with uA741.


Peak voltage detector and 3.6V voltage regulator

The device works fine but has a disadvantage, it only shows a positive peak voltage so that the voltage displayed on the voltmeter. For now, I will leave the device as it is, but in the future, I plan to make a device that will spin the peak voltage of the positive and negative peak.

All comments are welcome, Thank's for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Programing AT89C2051 using SDCC compiler on Debian Linux

My Homemade AT89C2051 Development Board First and foremost we need to install a compiler and we need a programmer to load the code into the ...